Returns Mail Services
Service DescriptionUPS Mail Innovations® Returns enables consumers to return merchandise through the U.S. Postal Service®. It is an economical and efficient postal return solution that includes features such as an easy-to-use label, multiple postal drop-off points, consistent transit times and accurate tracking through ups.com.
UPS Mail Innovations Returns leverages the USPS® for the “first” mile of package retrieval and combines it with the UPS Mail Innovations delivery network to pick up, sort, transport, and make the final delivery of the prepaid return package back to the shipper.
Access channels include: Residential mailboxes, Postal collection boxes, Local post offices, authorized postal service outlets, and a scheduled carrier pickup through usps.com
Benefits:• An easy-to-use label.
• Easy access for consumers - multiple postal drop-off points.
• Detailed tracking and visibility for shippers and their customers at ups.com.
• Reliable and consistent time-in-transit; improved inbound operations planning and inventory management.
• Customized delivery options such as product splits or palletization.
• UPS technology platforms and options for generating shipping labels.
• Operational flexibility for the delivery of larger number of returns.
This service is best suited for “lightweight” (under five pounds), lower-value shipments that can fit in a mailbox and are machinable. The ideal shipper will have an average postal return volume of 200 or more packages per day.